Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where did my baby go?

Ah! Kieran is a year old now. And it seems like he immediately became a toddler. In both good ways and bad. He has started throwing a tantrum when its time to leave (mostly because he doesnt want to get in his car seat)... and on the opposite end of the spectrum, he is SOO playful! If he picks up a piece of trash off the floor, I'll say, "Kieran no no... Bring that to momma..." And he will look at me and smirk then giggle and run the other direction. It is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. He's so sweet! He has such a huge personality. I just adore him to bits. He has been going to bed like a pro lately. Ever since he got used to not having his bottle, he has been sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT... Finally!!! And not only that, he doesnt cry at ALL when I put him to bed anymore. For the last 6 or so months he would always cry for 5 minutes or so before he fell asleep. But now, he just rolls over, snuggles up with his blanket and smiles at me before he drifts off. How can one person be allowed to be so adorable?! This can't be right. Surely MY child is not the cutest, sweetest, and smartest child on the planet? How did I get so lucky?! Speaking of smartest... He has started signing so much better now! We have our own sign for cheerios, and for the last few days he has been signing perfectly for "more O's" as well as "all done" and "drink". He actually has been saying "drink" lately (with words, not signs). It's amazing that I can actually raise a healthy, happy, smart and loving person.


When Kieran was first born, I questioned myself about whether or not I was actually meant to be a mom, it was very difficult to make the adjustment into motherhood for me. But now I know, that I was meant to do this. I was meant to have this little boy. And he was meant to have me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment