Monday, July 12, 2010

love love

I've been having to use my dad's car for the last couple days, and Kieran's carseat wouldn't fit in it rear-facing, so I had to switch him to forward-facing while we were using his car. He would laugh so hard every time I would bang my head to the beat of the music, or look back at him and stick my tongue out. Needless to say, him facing forward was quite a distraction! His little giggle and toothy grin keep me going in the hardest of times. He is the most sturdy rock I've ever had, he keeps me going!

These days I've also become very thankful for my friends. I got to catch up with an old friend this weekend, and it was amazing to know that I still have a good friend in her even though we haven't seen each other for months. Those friendships are the best, the friendships where you can go months without seeing each other and when you do see each other again it's like you never skipped a beat. Shit, my best friend Sarah was gone for almost a year in China, and when she got back it was just like she never left. I can't wait for Tommy to get home so I can say that about our relationship as well, that it never skipped a beat, and is stronger than ever. He and I have been through our fair share of shit, to put it nicely. Our relationship is definitely different than most. We went through more in our first year as a couple than most go through in their first five. But I love him more than anyone, and he is such an amazing man. We have both grown so much together in the 2 years we've been together. If not for Tommy, I definitely wouldn't be the woman I am today, and to be honest with you, I really like the woman I have become. I can only hope that he would say the same about me. I'm guessing a lot of people have their doubts about us making it through this next year and a half, but honestly I really don't. We are great at making up. We are great at apologizing. And we are great at working things out. We deserve this relationship, we have worked so hard for it. I can only hope that in the end we get what we want out of it and can make this into what we both know it can be.

Okay, enough being mushy. My heart strings are being tugged. No crying tonight lol I have a friend over.

No comments:

Post a Comment