Thursday, July 15, 2010

When you get home....

I will kiss you every chance I get.
I will wake up early to make you breakfast.
We will go for walks in the evening after dinner.
I will say your name, and you will hear it.
I will spend my nights holding you, rather than just dreaming of you.
We will go to brunch as a family on Sunday mornings.
We will teach Kieran how to ride a bicycle.
You will teach him the correct way to hit a baseball.
And I will keep you both refreshed with cold lemonade and snacks.
We will chase down the ice cream man on Saturday afternoons.
We will get a sitter on occasional Friday nights, and drink wine in our underwear.
Or not in our underwear. ;)
We drink beer and watch Cubs games ALL season long.
I will get onto you when you yell at the TV and it scares Kieran.
But eventually, I'm sure he will start yelling at the Cubs too. =)
We will eat dinner like a normal family does, together, around the table.
We will read Kieran bed time stories together every single night.
We will take family camping trips to the lake.
We will come home to each other at the end of the day.
And I will make sure that you know how much I love you, every damn second I can.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can tell it was written from your heart. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete