Monday, May 10, 2010

Me today.

My name is Catt, and I am the mother to an amazing little boy named Kieran. He is 10 months old and just started walking. Daddy, Tommy, is on a deployment, but we talk about him every day and I tell Kieran bedtime stories starring his hero. Every week, every day, sometimes even every hour is a struggle to play the part of a single, working, school-attending parent while still trying to maintain a long distance relationship. It's been tough but so far things are going as good as can be expected, and I feel closer and closer to Tommy every day even though we are so far apart. If we can make it through these next couple years, we can make it through anything!

I feel like a high school kid when I say this, but I have a "new best friend" now-a-days. Taylor is a girl I knew from High School that I just happened to cross paths with when she was pregnant with her daughter and Kieran was a few months old. Her husband was recently deployed as well, and she lives about a mile away from my house. The four of us (Me and Kieran, and Taylor and her daughter Hayden) make quite the little group. The kids amaze us every day, and we're doing our best to provide as much support and stability to them as possible even though their lives were so suddenly changed recently. Hayden has just started smiling and cooing, she's obsessed with her Mama. We are convinced she and Kieran will be married someday ;)

I guess part of the reason I decided to do this is for Tommy. He feels like he is missing out on what is going on at home, and I want him to feel as involved as possible. I feel like I'm falling in love with him all over again, I can't even imagine how I'll feel when I finally get to see him playing with Kieran again. It will be amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment